We're home! And my goodness, do we have stories to tell!
Like, for starters, this morning the airline semi-fatally damaged Jake's luggage and right there on the spot replaced it with a new one. How stellar! His old bag was almost dead anyway and coming home with brand new luggage is a starkly more fortunate situation than when we came home from Mexico minus my luggage.
Our time was mostly spent on foot, appealing to the corners and crannies of each neighborhood. We had an epic adventure and honestly, it makes me sad to think that on Monday Jake will be going to work and I won't see him for an extended period of time. I do, however, still love time to myself to be quiet. I'm certain I'll survive.
We saved for months to take this adventure and came home with $30 leftover, which we splurged with at Whole Foods because that, my friends, is luxury! Oh yes, and the vacation will be extended through two BBQs this weekend and a holiday crowd I'll be coyly diverting in Chicago by escaping to the 'burbs.
I can't wait to share (too many) pictures in the coming days. Consider yourself warned.
I'm equal parts jealous about your trip and excited to live vicariously through your photos!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
So sad I missed you, friend. Oh, well. Looks like you had fun.
ReplyDelete