
These are some of our friend Karen's pictures. One of the best things we did on our camping trip this weekend was sing together around the fire. In particular, we loved this song. We sang it over and over, four-part harmony. Eventually, a strange beam of light fell upon us and we heard, "Do you guys take requests?" Turned out our neighbors heard us and thought to themselves "I don't think that's a radio," so they followed the music ... whether or not that's a compliment, we enjoyed meeting them! They were also from Chicago--we people attract each other!
The four of us on this trip are in the midst of life transitions.
While I've learned recently just how much of an escapists I am (in a potentially unhealthy way) I did eventually find a way to relax and be at peace.
Doing back-flips in the lake, I felt 8-years-old again, and safe. God is good.

mmm! those pancakes look phenomenal.
ReplyDelete& i so so wish there was a video of you singing. old crow medicine show have been all nick & i have been listening to recently. =].
so wonderful!