Thursday, November 10, 2011

Edith comes to town

Photobucket

I don't recall how much I've written about my musical theater past ... but let's say it's a big one. When I think about high school memories, many of them come from within the walls of my school, but even more come from the open air of Grand Rapids and being ridiculous with the friends I made doing theater. We all went to different high schools, but we saw each other more than we saw any other friends. We did things like dance in parking lots and make videos. I was a full-fledge theater geek. And proud of it.

One of those amazing friend from high school (middle school really) is Edith. Look at this face folks, because you're going to be seeing it on stage in New York soon. Edith is a dancer, an amazing dancer. She was in Chicago a few weeks ago and called me up. I loved loved loved seeing her. Again, it feels good to be around people who knew you back then.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

This was the weekend I made 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies (with a dash of cinnamon is how I like them) and I literally ate them morning, noon, and night.

Edith was so obliging to pose for me in these photos. I couldn't help it, she's just too cute. And it means a lot to me to have old friends over in my new house. I feel integrated.

In order to make this a fully rounded post, I must share this video with you and this photo:


That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment