


My work is to bring the Kingdom of God to the university. For the sake of these people, and for the sake of the world they graduate into. And even now, for the campus where they live.
People say it can't be done. People say they will break your heart. Some people (including me) sometimes believe doing ministry makes you holy. Of course the truth is it can be done with God; broken hearts are worth it; and holy work doesn't come from holy people ... it makes holy people.
We took a fall retreat last weekend. It was great!
I came home to church and my pastor said "The best way to stay awake is to be trying to keep others awake." I know what he means. In my first year of ministry I was so afraid of the responsibility. I have the potential to dangerously lead people astray. So I commit myself to memorizing scripture. It's my number one tool in the tool belt. I put my confidence in the Bible and from there I teach. And I of course I learn along the way too. I am staying awake to God because I'm trying to wake others awake!
This is my job, to invite all people into the family of God.
“Then the master told his servant,
‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in,
so that my house will be full.'"
Luke 14:23


This looks like SO much fun! These kids seem hilarious. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I just got a chance to scroll back through your other photos... GAAAH, autumn makes me so happy. :) AND you happy kids... lovely