Wednesday, November 2, 2011

hunkering down

Tis the season to hunker down, I'm finding. There's a lot going on. Outside of me, yes. But mostly inside of me. There's a lot I need to tend to, buried deep in my heart. It's come to my attention that some bad habits must die here. I'll never be perfect, but I can be sanctified. This month begins a strong turn of events for my little soul. No more anxiety, no more fear, no more unconfessed sin.

When life gets busy I am guilty, guilty, guilty of neglecting  my self. And that cannot be any longer. So I welcome a season of care, peace, and cleansing.

November, welcome old friend. You bring us many celebrations and we're glad you're here.
We have work to do.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree. My roommate calls this cubby down, but I think she uses it in more of a physical sense and less of a metaphorical one. I've just started a plan of doing chores on a consistent basis and I think it's truly helping me to focus on everything better. I've been praying for focus lately, and I'm noticing now all the ways that God answers prayers.

    That was a little scatter-brained, but I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete